Oh my! Where did April go?
I have been trying to be good with posting at least once per month. . . .but April somehow just slipped by me.
Well, this blog is pretty much just my talking to myself so since I talk to myself "live" all the time I guess there is "no harm, no foul".
I have been working on some blocks. . . but mostly been trying to go through books & magazines so that I can clear up my sewing area and get it more organized.
My "big news" is that I have completed the quilting on my Hands2Help donation quilting.

Here it is while it was still on the frame.
I used a variegated blue thread hoping that it would not be too noticeable on the individual fabrics. As you can see, it blended almost too well!
There were so many places where the thread "disappeared" into the fabric that I am sure I have cross over spots. . . .but I am sure that it will not matter to the person that gets it.
Truth be told at one point my nose was so close to the quilt while I was working that I was afraid I would quilt my head onto the quilt!! LOL Oh the things we do.
I just have to trim the backing & batting (I used a bamboo/cotton blend) and get the binding done and this can be sent out.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
I have been trying to be good with posting at least once per month. . . .but April somehow just slipped by me.
Well, this blog is pretty much just my talking to myself so since I talk to myself "live" all the time I guess there is "no harm, no foul".
I have been working on some blocks. . . but mostly been trying to go through books & magazines so that I can clear up my sewing area and get it more organized.
My "big news" is that I have completed the quilting on my Hands2Help donation quilting.
Here it is while it was still on the frame.
I used a variegated blue thread hoping that it would not be too noticeable on the individual fabrics. As you can see, it blended almost too well!
There were so many places where the thread "disappeared" into the fabric that I am sure I have cross over spots. . . .but I am sure that it will not matter to the person that gets it.
Truth be told at one point my nose was so close to the quilt while I was working that I was afraid I would quilt my head onto the quilt!! LOL Oh the things we do.
I just have to trim the backing & batting (I used a bamboo/cotton blend) and get the binding done and this can be sent out.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
No comments:
Post a Comment