Have you ever taken a gander at the "Books Read" tab that I have set up?
I just went back and ran a total of the books I have read since I started keeping track (2012). I have read 117 books in that time.
Granted, some years are bigger reading years for me than others. But, when you consider that the Outlander books are easily 500 - 700 pages long they could almost be counted as 2 books each!
Most of my book reading has been done with "real" books. . . . but I have also done a fair bit of audio book "reading". Having the audio books allows me to sew while I am listening.
I have always been a reader. . . . and have always read a large variety of genres.
In looking over my lists it seems that I tend to go in "cycles" with either reading one author or one genre.
Do you have a favorite author? Are there any authors that you don't care for?
Dean Koontz is hard for me to read. . . . he is very descriptive, to the point of delirium to me so I have not read any of his books since I was much younger.
Joel C. Rosenberg has a way with words that I love. . . . and I am trying to catch up on his books now. Lately I have been using audio books. . . and the reader, David de Vries, is wonderful to listen to.
Joel Rosenberg (not the same person as Joel C. Rosenberg) passed away several years ago but I enjoyed both his fantasy and his science fiction novels. The literary world, and book lovers, lost a good person when he passed.
Have a lovely day. . . . .I am going back to reading.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
No comments:
Post a Comment