The first weekend of this month was spent in the company of a bunch of FROGs! LOL
It was a three day rally that had lots of food, good times, and warm weather.
We have gone to Knoebels for the past several years with different groups and it has always been a great time.
In the past we have stayed at the campground connected with the park. However, this year the Rally was held at Lake Glory Campground. . . . and it is a lovely campground which is also part of Knoebels.
There is a lovely covered bridge just outside of the area where we were camping:

For me, I prefer Lake Glory because we can get full hook-ups so we don't have to worry about running out of water. . . .but the trade off is that we have to drive to the amusement park. However, parking is plentiful and there is a shuttle from the parking lots so it isn't so bad.
After having fun in Pennsylvania we drove out to Lake George, NY. . . . and arrived just in time for Americade!

I believe someone mentioned that there were over 10,000 bikers in attendance at the rally this year. But, in all of my research I had not seen mention of it. . . . had I known about it I would have steered clear. LOL
The bikers were not obnoxious. . . .in fact, there were many of them staying at the campground we were in. It was just hard driving through downtown Lake George with a full sized pick up truck with all the bikes lining the streets.
We did get to do some tourist-y things, like taking a Lake George cruise for 2 1/2 hours to learn about the area and the islands in Lake George.

We had several wonderful meals. . . . . ribs at Adirondack Pub & Brewery

The ribs we had were so tender the meat just fell off the bone when you picked it up.
Our breakfasts were mainly eaten at a little place in Warrensburg, NY

They have 3 locations, but the Warrensburg location is the only one that serves breakfast. The company has been family owned and operated for over 90 years.
The food and service were phenomenal! While I usually get pancakes when I eat out I did venture out and had blueberry banana bread French toast. . . . .and it was out of this world.
Mr. Books was raving about their biscuits and gravy. And we both loved the sausage.
Our last dinner in town we went a little upscale and ate at Lizzie Keays

We had wonderful steamers, baked Brie with honey, walnuts and raisins, carrot ginger soup and prime rib. Oh. My. Goodness. The food was absolutely divine.
So, while I may not have had access to wifi we both had a wonderful time on vacation.
Oh course, at least for me, the downside is that I am now back to my normal routine of work, etc. when I would so much rather be on vacation! LOL
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
3 comments:
Testing for moderation....
Bru-ha-ha in cyberland...whatever do you mean?
You started your post with FROGs and for a moment I thought you meant frogs in Louisiana. Seriously. Rayne, LA, has an annual frog festival (though I don't know when) to celebrate frog legs and everything froggy. They are a delicacy in our area, and I've had them several times, both in restaurants and at home. When my husband and his dad were younger and a little more spry, they would go frog gigging. I won't get into that...it's sort of icky. (Like frogs aren't.)
Your vacation sounds wonderful. You were in that part of NY state that we didn't get to visit when we were doing the Great Lakes/Niagara Falls region. However, I wanted quite badly to go but money draws the lines for vacations.
We did see many covered bridges, though. Always fun to walk through one and feel the history. I have to look each one up and read about...it's a teacher thing, I guess.
Interesting that we're both working on scrap busting and use basically the same method. Don't worry about running out of scraps...they really do reproduce when you're not around. Thanks for visiting.
Sounds like a wonderful time and I loved the food descriptions.
Post a Comment