Earlier this month Mr. Books & I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.
We stayed at Tanglwood Resorts in Hawley, PA, which is very near Lake Wallenpaupack.
As Mr. Books is a railroad fan I try to find tourist trains that are near we are traveling. . .and low & behold. . . .Hawley, PA is not far from Honesdale, PA. . .which is the home of The Stourbridge Line and is considered to be the birthplace of the commercial railroad.
They take that history very seriously.
Here is the cross walk that is near the train (and directly in front of the police department:
The crosswalk is painted to represent train tracks (in case you were not sure)!
I had to make sure that I got a picture or two so that Mr. Books could have "Show & Tell" back at our local railroad meeting.
Both Honesdale and Hawley were small towns and we had a great time visiting the area.
We would like to go back during the warmer months so that Mr. Books can take his boat and do some fishing . . . but then again maybe I will stay home and he can take a buddy that likes to fish with him.
I have been working on secret projects so I do not have many fabric pictures, but here is the last block for this year in the Stash Bee swap:
Applique is not my strong point; however, the woman that is getting this block said that she would be willing to do the stitching around the edge to complete the block.
We had our choice of any Christmas design we wanted. . . . and I have always loved this type of reindeer design.
Ok, that is about all that I have at the moment so I'll be signing off.
Have a lovely day.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
We stayed at Tanglwood Resorts in Hawley, PA, which is very near Lake Wallenpaupack.
As Mr. Books is a railroad fan I try to find tourist trains that are near we are traveling. . .and low & behold. . . .Hawley, PA is not far from Honesdale, PA. . .which is the home of The Stourbridge Line and is considered to be the birthplace of the commercial railroad.
They take that history very seriously.
Here is the cross walk that is near the train (and directly in front of the police department:
The crosswalk is painted to represent train tracks (in case you were not sure)!
I had to make sure that I got a picture or two so that Mr. Books could have "Show & Tell" back at our local railroad meeting.
Both Honesdale and Hawley were small towns and we had a great time visiting the area.
We would like to go back during the warmer months so that Mr. Books can take his boat and do some fishing . . . but then again maybe I will stay home and he can take a buddy that likes to fish with him.
I have been working on secret projects so I do not have many fabric pictures, but here is the last block for this year in the Stash Bee swap:
Applique is not my strong point; however, the woman that is getting this block said that she would be willing to do the stitching around the edge to complete the block.
We had our choice of any Christmas design we wanted. . . . and I have always loved this type of reindeer design.
Ok, that is about all that I have at the moment so I'll be signing off.
Have a lovely day.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
No comments:
Post a Comment