UFO Listing

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

OMG (One Monthly Goal). . .WoW, what a February!

February has been so very productive for me. . . . I just wish I could figure out why so I could make sure to keep the momentum going!  LOL


I will be linking up to Elm Street Quilts for the February Finishes.

My OMG goals for February were as follows:


1.  Complete a baby afghan. . . . . DONE!

This is a full view:

 And here we have a close up view to better show the colors:

This was a variegated yarn from Hobby Lobby.  The yarn is very soft and I hope that the baby it is meant for gets a lot of use out of it.

2.  Piece together blocks that I had from 2016. . . . . DONE!

This is made up of blocks I got through Stash Bee members in 2016.  I made up a few extra blocks to bring it to a total of 20 blocks.
Here is one view of it hanging on the long arm frame:
Here is a shot showing more of the "backside" portion of the top:
Here is a closer view of some of the blocks showing the variation of the fabrics in each block.


I am thinking that I will use this as a charity quilt. . . and after seeing the size of it on my bed I think I will just do a border using a black fabric with dark gray polka dots to finish it off.


3.  Complete quilting a quilt using 1930's fabrics. . . .DONE
Here is a "full view" right after I trimmed the excess batting and backing.
 Here is more of an "aerial" view. . . .
 I did not use a 1930's reproduction for the backing. . . . but I have a ton of this fabric so I decided to use some of it for the smaller quilts that I have done.
So, February has been a great month for me.  Three goals met. . . .on top of the blocks that I was able to get made.  Now on to making the binding so that I can get this quilt totally completed.




In peace and pieces,


Sherry




This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Lynette said...

wow - that fabric went really well with the 30s fabrics, didn't it? Nice Finishes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...