UFO Listing

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stashbusting report

Well, I just placed an order for 10 yds. of fabric to be used for charity quilt borders. . . so my fabric diet is broken. . . but since this fabric is not for *me* I'm not counting it as a "fall from grace".

I have decided to change the way that I look at my stashbusting attempts. . . instead of trying to calculate the amount of fabric that I have used (which is taking me too much time that could be used to be sewing) I will concentrate on getting projects finished.

To that end, I have some pictures for you:

This is a picture of a Disappearing 9 Patch quilt that I made from fabric from the Charity box @ my guild. I started out with 5" squares & then squared the blocks to
13 1/2" before cutting them down.



These next 2 pictures are boxed 4 patch blocks that were donated to the Charity program; I squared them to 10". . . there were 24 made up; I want to make another 18 from the Charity program fabric so that the quilt will be approximately 53" x 68" -- I figured that would be a good size.



This is a mini Disappearing 9 patch block. . . I started with squares that were
2 1/4". . . I'm thinking these might be a good size for doll quilts. . .will have to see how it turns out.

Hope you all have a wonderful week,

In peace & pieces,

Sherry

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Well darn, I couln't see the pictures.

Hi, I am Teresa from SC and this is my first go-round the webring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...