I missed posting last week. . . .and I don't have much to post for this week. . .however, there has been no new stash arriving in my house since November 1, 2007 so I am doing well on that part of the challenge.
I have seen so many Disappearing Nine Patch quilts being made I figured that I had to try it also. . . I started with 5" squares and here's what I have come up with so far (same three blocks, just set differently):


While I love scrap quilts I thought that I would try to have some control to the blocks. Based on that idea I used the same fabric in the four middle squares. . . to me it seems to give your eye a place to "rest" before going through all the rest of the fabrics.
The third picture shows what the blocks look like smaller. . . I went down to 2 1/4" squares that come out 5" (as evidenced by my rotary cutting mat). . . When I went smaller I decided to use a different fabric in each spot, but to keep them in the same "vein" (WOW, TOT, beige, etc.) to see if I could add more "scrapiness" without getting too "jumbled". . .

The fabrics that I have been using for these blocks come from the charity fabrics for my guild. . . we are going to be sending down 8 quilts to a church group in Tennessee that has set up a disaster relief program, so these pieces will be made in order to replenish the stock of donation quilts that we have on hand (plus it will get the stash out of my basement --- I have enough of my own to deal with)!!! lol
Well, that's about all I have to pass on. . . hopefully next week I will have more to report on.
In peace & pieces,
Sherry
No comments:
Post a Comment