UFO Listing

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Busy. . . .Busy. . . . Busy. . . . .Busy

Ever have a time in your life when you just can't get anything accomplished even though you are running at what seems like the speed of light???

Well, that is what I have been feeling like for the past little while. Work hasn't been all that busy, which is a good thing, but with trying to get the bills paid, housework done, keeping Steve & Bogart in line (you just KNOW which one is easier now, don't you???!!!!)LOL time just has not been my friend.

On a fun note, on Freecycle for my area I was able to get 2 very large Toy Story 2 posters (in frames no less!!) for Ty. We gave them to him when we saw him for Easter and the look on his face was PRICELESS. . . . his jaw dropped almost down to his knees (not all that far on a 3 year old, but you get the picture). Too bad none of us had a camera to memorialize the moment.

This past weekend we took the camper to Lancaster so that we could attend the Mud Sale held at the Gap Fire Company. It was fun. . . and I got some pretty cool buys. . .a large picture for over the sofa for $12 (INCLUDING glass & frame), a smaller picture for $9, a queen sized comforter set for $5, 2 blankets for $4 and a Lancaster Amish colored table runner for $10.

It was a little depressing that the quilts were going for so little. . . .we didn't stay for the entire auction of the quilts. . . but they started off with King & Queen sized quilts and, except for 1, they were all going for less that $300. People were really getting away with theft, especially since these quilts are all hand quilted.

This weekend we are heading back to Lancaster. . . .I'm taking a class on Sunday at the Quilters' Heritage Show and then we will be towing the trailer back. . . just in time to go back to work on Monday.

Gee, I REALLY need a vacation!!!!




In peace and pieces,

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like you are having a great time even if you are busy. I get the most enjoyment out of camping although we don't get to go as often as we would like. Hope you class goes well - so what class are you taking?

Anonymous said...

Hi neighbor! When you mentioned 3Lancaster, I had to check you profile and see where you live. I'm in PA. Where is there a campsite in Lancaster (we stayed in hotel when we went there-took us 3 1/2 hours to get there)sounds like fun!

Cathi said...

Oh, my gosh -- a bed-sized quilt, hand quilted, for under $300?? That really is unbelievably sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...