UFO Listing

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gee, it's been a long time. . .

As my last post said, I haven't disappeared yet. But, to be honest, I needed time away from the blog & some other things so that I could decide what direction I wanted to go with several things.

I've been in several quilt related swaps lately, and for the most part, have had a wonderful time. . . .however, as with everything, one "bad apple" can ruin the entire bushel. . .and that experience has had me re-examining what I wanted to do with my time & talents concerning swaps.

I am finishing up the last of the 4 Seasons Quilt Swap mini quilts that I had the pleasure of being a part of from the beginning (Margaret (click on the link on my side bar to get to her swap related blog) is a wonderful hostess & I wish her wonderful times with the future swaps she will be hosting).

I have several "irons in the fire" as far as swaps go (Birthday Block Swap 2, Twisted Mystery #4, Bouncing Betty block swap, fish bowl block swap & Greek Cross block swap.

After those swaps are completed I will be "laying low" as far as swapping goes. . . . I've gotten that soured by only one experience.

So, in the future, there will be less talk about swaps & possibly more talk about things that I am finishing for MYSELF. . . .where the only requirement is that I like it & that I finish it. . . no pressure to make sure that a blog entry is made, no more subjective requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to keep someone else happy.

Now, on a happier note, here is a picture of the block that I am sending to my first Birthday Block Swap 2 partner --- Little Deb ---



She requested star blocks that were made with pastels on a black on black background --- she wanted the stars to appear to be floating in a sea of blackness. I'm pleased with the way the block turned out & hope that she likes it as well.

I haven't worked with black too often outside of trying some Amish inspired blocks & I was afraid that the block would be very dark. . . .but I would love to see this quilt when it is finished. . . .I am sure that it will be a stunning piece -- especially if all the pastels glow as much as the batiks that I used do.

Well, that's about all I feel like talking about now. . . . I did go to Quilt Odyssey with my DH (we took 2 classes together). . . but that will have to be for another day.


In peace and pieces,

1 comment:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I hope that things start to feel a bit more positive soon. I also know how hard it can be sometimes to find the right balance when making things for swaps. I do enjoy them and the deadline helps me to get things finished but it does cut into time I should be using for my own projects. I also wanted to say that I have posted another photo I took today with your lovely table runner in it. It moves about the house but at the moment it is on the table. It fits in perfectly, and being winter over here the colours blend in so wonderfully. Thanks, Sherry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...