UFO Listing

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gee, it's been a while!

I've missed 2 sign-ins at Judy's Stash Report. . .not so much that I have been hiding (but extra fabric has come in); but more because it is boring for me to just talk & not show pictures. . .and I really don't have much to say.

This past Saturday we took Casey for her first (with us) grooming appointment. I was a little concerned since she does not like men & isn't too comfortable with alot of women. But, the groomer assured me that she did fine. In fact, the groomer's son was the one that gave Casey her bath & did most of the grooming! So we are now thinking that it may just be older men and boys on bicycles that may be "triggers" for her.

Here are a couple of pics, post grooming:


They shaved off enough fur to probably make at least one Chihuahua! LOL Here are a couple "silly" pictures . . .more as a comparison to try to show just how much hair she had:



She is on meds for her separation anxiety & seems to be ok. . .except that she wets & soils in her crate when we go to work; she's fine other times (like church, shopping, etc.) but it just seems that the span in a work day is too hard for her.

Hopefully, with time, she will realize that we aren't going to leave her. I had considered returning her to the rescue group we adopted her from. . .but my DH loves her & wouldn't think of doing that. And, truth be told, she is a good dog in all other ways; although I still miss my Bogart desperately.

I don't believe that I mentioned that my parents have a new dog. . .a French bulldog. Her name is Sheba. She has gotten a bit bigger since I took these pictures, but they are the most recent that I have:



It's funny because the groomer that we use has several Frenchies & I had never realized what they were.

On the quilting front. . . I'm once again working on the blocks for my sister's wedding quilt (and NO, the top won't be done in time for their 7th wedding anniversary in May).

I'm finishing up the last of the swap blocks for the birthday swap from a quilting forum I'm on. Once this swap is done I have two easy swaps on Swap-Bot then I think I will take a break from swapping --- even though you could say that I have already been taking a break since I am not feverishly working on completely multiple swap items at the same time! he he he

I want to get my sister's quilt really going, plus the quilting machine is supposed to be delivered later today so there will be a need for making space & practice time on that.

All in all things have been going well, just been busy.


In peace and pieces,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL next time you take your baby to the poodle parlar.. my Chihuahua Pitty needs some more hair.. she is always cold. I love your two babies... they are so pretty.
I just came by to thank you for joining in on my quilt block swap :)I hope we all have a ton of fun and make some wonderful Lap quilts :)
M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...