UFO Listing

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SSCS 2011 and other things (including Black Friday)

I mailed out my SSCS 2011 package today. . . sorry, I can't post pictures of what I sent because it would ruin the Christmas surprise!

Hmmmm. . . .a hint, perhaps? Ok, the package is NOT staying here in the USA.

That's all you are going to get until I know that my partner has opened her gifts. Hopefully by then the computer at home with either be working or replaced!! LOL

In addition to the SSCS 2011 package I am madley finishing up a doll quilt for the doll quilt swap #14 through The Quilting Bee group through Delphi Forums.

I love the quilt that I am doing & wish that I had enough fabric to make another one just like it. . . but since I am working from mostly stash I can't make an exact duplicate --- which might be a very good thing!

There is also the 2nd Wrapped In Hope quilt that has to be mailed out before the end of next week. . . that one just needs to have the quilting completed and then the binding.

I've had such a great time working on the quilts for Wrapped In Hope that I signed up for FOUR quilts for next year!! Besides having the satisfaction of making something for a child that needs it I'm able to try different fabrics and/or patterns that I might not make for myself.

And, of course, I am also using up stash fabrics, stash batting, and stash thread!!

Mr. Books & I may skip Black Friday festivities this year (first time since we've been together). . .there just isn't anything that we are desperate to have ready for gifts. It seems weird to think that I'll be staying home --- I think it has probably been 12 years or more since I've done that.

Joann's Fabrics has some items that are 70% or more off. . . and I'm thinking that I might go there --- but then again, I may not. I'm still on the fence.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have many things to be thankful for -- not the least being that I will be having a nice dinner with my parents and one of my sisters & her family.

For those that celebrate Thanksgiving --- don't indulge too much --- remember, turkey makes you sleepy.

To all I wish a happy and peaceful day.

To the Blace Friday Warriors --- keep smiling --- you will drive everyone else crazy!! ROFLOL

In peace and pieces,

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

woohoo another one gone...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...