Still having problems with my neck and back from the accident. My cherry stone pillow and I seem to be constant companions these days.
I was unable to complete a quilt for Wrapped In Hope that was due to a young boy in Georgia for a birthday on 5/5. . . . but luckily Carin was able to find another quilter that could take over his birthday for me.
As soon as I can get back to working with the quilting machine I'll finish up the quilt that was to go out & send it up to Michigan for use with other donated quilts for the prison visits they make.
My next "birthday boy" quilt is due in August. . . . .I hope that I will be back to "rocking & rolling" by then. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
All the doctors have said that there doesn't appear to be anything majorly wrong. . . . my body just has to heal.
As well as my psyche --- Mr. Books hates driving with me as a passenger --- vehicles speeding on either side of us (or running up behind us) put me into full panic mode. I used to be only nervous and panicky on bridges. . . now I am that way almost all the time. And driving by myself has become an exercise in "main road" avoidance. . . and, if main roads can't be avoided it is "white knuckle" all the time.
To think, a month ago my life was going wonderfully well. . . . and I had all kinds of plans of things to do . . . one careless act by a complete stranger took all of that away from me. Yes, as I've said before, I got away with no major injuries; the accident could have been a LOT worse. . . . but the changes that I have had to deal with were not of my choosing and that is what really frustrates/aggravates/infuriates me. . . . someone else decided that their life/phone call/attention was worth more than my wishes/dreams/plans and that is just so wrong on so many levels.
Any readers out there are probably getting tired of the "pity party". . . . I am too but I haven't been able to create anything to get my mind off it yet.
In peace and pieces,
No comments:
Post a Comment