I've tried doing it and thought I had all the steps done but my posts don't go according to the schedule. My thought is that it has something to do with a difference in the time zones (I'm East Coast and the schedule section seems stuck on Pacific Daylight time).
Since I've seen so many people talk about being able to do it I'm sure it must be some thing that I am not doing correctly. . . . .but I don't know what it could be.
Any help would be appreciated.
In the meantime, I have been stitching. . . . just want to wait until I have at least a flimsy before I post about it.
In peace and pieces,
4 comments:
Hi Sherry
first, check your blog time zone settings in your dashboard - language and formatting. Click the little drop down arrow to get to the right timezone - remember to click on SAVE SETTINGS
then, open the draft post you wish to schedule and click on 'Schedule' and the calendar will display - select 'set date and time', then click on dates and time you want to post - click on DONE. When you have finished editing your post remember to click on the orange SCHEDULE at the top. hope this helps ;-), Cathy, xxx
Hi there -
I am NO expert - but this is how I do it -
1. Write your post as usual.
2. Save it as usual.
3. Go over to the right hand side of the draft page - under "post Settings" - look for the "schedule" icon - left click on it.
4. Left click the bubble - "Set date and time" - a calendar should appear.
5. Left click on the date you want - it should appear in the box.
6. Left click in the second (time) box - a list of times should appear - click on the one you want.
7. Left click on "Done" - and go back to your post - the "Post Settings" should show the scheduled date and time.
8. MOST IMPORTANT - you MUST click on PUBLISH or it will just be saved as a draft.
9. Your list of posts should show it as "scheduled".
I think that's it - let me know if doesn't work - or if you have any questions. Can't help you with the time zone thing - sorry - ;))
Hello Sherry! I'll tell you what I did to finally figure it out. Hopefully it's what you are missing too. After you schedule the date and time for your post you need to hit "Publish". I used to just hit "Save" and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then I finally hit "Publish" and it worked. I hope this is what you are missing to so you can successfully schedule your posts. Let me know if it works for you. Have a wonderful day! :)
Sherry - Just found where you can change your "time zone" On your "dashboard" page - on the left side is a lis. At the bottom is "settings" - left click on that - then under "language and formatting" - is the "time zone" little drop down menu. Hope this helps - ;))
Post a Comment