UFO Listing

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Where in the World is Sherry?

Yes, it does seem that I have fallen off the face of the earth lately. . . . . but I have been so busy that thinking about doing a blog post was the last thing on my mind.

I participated in a Colonial Day in my hometown. . . and had to make a "quickie" dress for the occasion:



This is the first piece of clothing that I have sewn in probably 37 years!!  LOL  Luckily for me it was an easy raglan sleeved dress with no fitting to do done.  (Although it was about 5" too long and will need to be shortened before I wear it again.)

It is too long so I had to have the top bunched up in order to be able to walk.

The day was fun. . . .I had several quilts on display and got to work on a long time UFO to demonstrate the quilting stitch.

There were not many people . . . .so I don't know if they will be holding the event again next year; but it was fun to talk to the kids that came through about quilting and making quilts.  There were a couple that seemed to be interested in learning more. . . . but more of them seemed to be into papercrafts or music rather than needle arts.

I have several other things to talk about. . . . but I will give them their own post later.

In peace and pieces,
 

 This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any other site it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...