UFO Listing

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Oh Charleston!


Recently Mr. Books and I had a chance to go to Charleston, South Carolina for a bit of a vacation.   We had a wonderful time, despite having rain most of the time that we were there.

On our first day we took a harbor tour, the weather was glorious!  This was the ship we were on:



While waiting to board we were entertained by several pelicans that were looking for their mid-morning snacks.  I had never seen pelicans fishing (except on nature programs) so it was fascinating to watch.  I tried to get some good pictures of the dive, but the best that I could get was this one. . . . .you can just see the pelican to the left of the flag pole.


The captain pointed out many sights during the trip. . . . here is one of many pics I took of Fort Sumter.  Our tour did not include going onto the fort. . . but we can do that during another trip.



We also saw several shrimping boats that were coming back to dock.  Having never seen one of these "in real life" I thought they were beautiful.



This is one of several pictures that I took of the Ravenel Bridge.  It is beautiful!  You can read more about the bridge on this website.

We did not see the bridge at night since we were not staying in Charleston; but from the pictures I am sure that it must be a wondrous sight.


I've got more pictures from our trip. . . . I'll have to do another post as I am running out of time. . . .


In peace and pieces,

 

 This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

I always enjoy holiday snaps.. Seeing another part of the world....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...