UFO Listing

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

OMG (One Monthly Goal) plan for April

Well, I am putting the wool table runner on the back burner for now as I have a couple of "deadline" items that need to get done.


I am adding this information to the group over at Patty's blog.  The link will take you directly to the post showing all the goals.


I will have 2 main goals for April, one I can show but the other is a secret until my day for the blog hop.


First goal:


Complete this lap throw


It is made from shirts from the mother of one of my friends.  It measures approximately 49" square so I am thinking it will be a good size for a lap throw while she is watching tv.


I have never done a t-shirt type quilt before so this has been a bit of an adventure, but, so far so good.  I am liking the way it is coming together.


Second goal:


Complete this pillow


This is the front of one of the shirts that was used in the quilt.  There are beads and brads in the design and I was afraid that I might not be able to avoid them on the quilting machine so I decided to make her a pillow.  Once the tan strips are attached and trimmed I just need to make the backing, sew the two pieces together & insert a pillow form.


It will be an 18" pillow.


My third goal is to complete a quilt for a blog hop hosted by Carla over at Creatin' in the Sticks.  My day is April 24th, but you can check out all the projects by going to her website, the blog hop started on April 1st.


So, while I will be mainly working on those items there might be some additional things to show along the way. . . .I have been crocheting and will have some things to show on that front.




In peace and pieces,




Sherry






This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

3 comments:

Danice G said...

The t-shirt quilt top looks good. I have never tried making one, but they sure are popular. That pillow is looking great as well. Going to check out the blog hop now.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

The quilt looks good and I love the pillow, brilliant idea. :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your Tuesday reveal, but you definitely made the one monthly goal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...