December is a tough month for me. . . and has been for many years.
So I am always melancholy in December while everyone is gearing up with their holiday celebrations. . . . and I try not to be a "wet blanket".
For once I am ahead of the game with swapping obligations. . . . I have the blocks needed for December out the door AND the blocks for January are done, wrapped and in an addressed envelope just waiting for January 1 to roll around to hit the post office.
(Sorry, did not think the take pictures of either set of blocks! But, it was 5 am and I was on a roll.)
If someone were to ask me what I accomplished in the past year I don't know if I could even say. . . . most of my sewing was for swaps and did not stay with me. Yes, I have things that I got from the swaps, but that is not what I accomplished.
And I look at the disaster area that is my sewing studio and shake my head.
For 2019 I think I will declare a moratorium on swaps. . . . .as in none. . . . so that I can get working on the mountain of UFO's, kits and projects that I have all over.
I have been in a couple of swaps that I was disappointed with. . . . and one in particular in which mail fraud was perpetrated by one of the members. . . she got blocks and never bothered to send out blocks before she dropped out of the group and refuses to this day to answer any form of communication.
These swaps were done through Facebook. . . . . and I have dropped most of the Facebook groups that I had been in. I may drop even more after the last of my swap obligations have been mailed and received; I have a little time to make that decision.
Another thing that I am considering dropping is the writing of this blog. There is not much interest from others, not that I am writing for acceptance, unless I am participating in a blog hop.
It seems that many of the blogs that I used to read on a daily basis have also gone by the way side. . . . or they have become sales and marketing avenues. . . . I get enough advertising thrown at me without having to deal with that when I want to read something for enjoyment.
So, I'm thinking that 2019 might be a year for being selfish and working and doing things that bring me happiness and peace instead of trying to keep up with the treadmill that I feel like I have been running on.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
So I am always melancholy in December while everyone is gearing up with their holiday celebrations. . . . and I try not to be a "wet blanket".
For once I am ahead of the game with swapping obligations. . . . I have the blocks needed for December out the door AND the blocks for January are done, wrapped and in an addressed envelope just waiting for January 1 to roll around to hit the post office.
(Sorry, did not think the take pictures of either set of blocks! But, it was 5 am and I was on a roll.)
If someone were to ask me what I accomplished in the past year I don't know if I could even say. . . . most of my sewing was for swaps and did not stay with me. Yes, I have things that I got from the swaps, but that is not what I accomplished.
And I look at the disaster area that is my sewing studio and shake my head.
For 2019 I think I will declare a moratorium on swaps. . . . .as in none. . . . so that I can get working on the mountain of UFO's, kits and projects that I have all over.
I have been in a couple of swaps that I was disappointed with. . . . and one in particular in which mail fraud was perpetrated by one of the members. . . she got blocks and never bothered to send out blocks before she dropped out of the group and refuses to this day to answer any form of communication.
These swaps were done through Facebook. . . . . and I have dropped most of the Facebook groups that I had been in. I may drop even more after the last of my swap obligations have been mailed and received; I have a little time to make that decision.
Another thing that I am considering dropping is the writing of this blog. There is not much interest from others, not that I am writing for acceptance, unless I am participating in a blog hop.
It seems that many of the blogs that I used to read on a daily basis have also gone by the way side. . . . or they have become sales and marketing avenues. . . . I get enough advertising thrown at me without having to deal with that when I want to read something for enjoyment.
So, I'm thinking that 2019 might be a year for being selfish and working and doing things that bring me happiness and peace instead of trying to keep up with the treadmill that I feel like I have been running on.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
1 comment:
:( it is so disappointing to hear about 'one-sided' swaps, and I am sad that it seems to happen more regularly than we realise. Anyway, I say go ahead, and be selfish :) do the things that bring you happiness & peace! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Post a Comment