UFO Listing

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Four Seasons Quilt Swap. . . oh my!

I received an email telling me who I am making a quilt for. . . and WOW, this is definitely going to put me "outside the box". . . which is fun to do at times -- it exposes me to fabrics and/or designs that I might not look at during the normal course of my quilting.

The keywords (at least in my mind) of my swap partner are: modern, contemporary, intense and abstract.

Hmmmm. . . they mentioned some designers (whom I am not familiar with) so I went on www.quiltshops.com to check out the names. Found a fabric that I think I will use as a "jumping off" point.

Now my next challenge is to come up with the quilt design. . . however, I do have some thoughts on that. . . looks like I might be doing more hand piecing (which is one of my loves -- especially since it is portable).

I think Saturday morning will find me at a QS (there aren't any local to me anymore) so that I can buy fabric to get this project started.

Wonder if my partner is going to have the same challenges with their project for me??

Have fun everyone!

Sherry

1 comment:

Mom said...

Trust me...it's hard to assign everyone with partners that don't pose any challenges! I'm sure your partner will love whatever you make!
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...