UFO Listing

Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm back & have an editorial comment

My vacation was pretty good. . . but it was terribly hot & humid in Pennsylvania. The weather was not fit for either man or beast to be outside. Luckily our trailer has air conditioning and Bogart, our West Highland White Terrier, was able to be kept comfortable and safe.

Now, here is the editorial comment. . . and it may sound very harsh, but this is my soapbox & I plan on standing on it.

Pennsylvania is one of the SEVEN worst states in our country for puppy mills. This country can send money to every country in the world (whether they want our help or not) but we still have not eliminated this scourge.

For those of you that are not aware of what a puppy mill is I would suggest you visit www.stoppuppymills.org. However, I must warn you, the information and/or pictures on that site are graphic and not easy to view and/or read.

The "breeding bitches" that are used by these millers may have all died this past week from exposure to the extreme temperatures and weather. If they did die they are probably lucky -- since any that got sick were not cared for, not given proper water, shelter, medical care, etc.

What sickens me the most is that some of these mills are owned by Amish & Mennonites. These groups of people claim to be "true" followers of God's word as strictly defined in the Bible. . . .and I have admired them for many, many years as being good examples of charity, honesty, integrity, etc.

Unfortunately, the millers don't feel that animals have souls, therefore, they feel justified in treating their animals any way they want --- devoid of kindness, sympathy, or just plain common sense, etc. I guess they forgot that GOD made ALL creatures. . . and while Man was given dominion over all the "lesser" creations He made there is NO WHERE in the bible does God say that animals are to be tortured for the sake of money.

If you are in the market for a pet. . . .DO NOT GO TO A PET STORE. These stores buy from "distributors" that purchase from "millers". . . . meaning that the cute puppy you see was born from torture. Not to mention that since the mother was not given proper health care you have no idea what kind of medical and/or mental conditions you will encounter.

Go to an animal shelter, be open to adopting an older animal, open your arms to a creature that may require a little extra work but would be willing to do anything to have a gentle scratch behind their ears, or loving feet to lie next to.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox & hope that I did not offend anyone. . . .but if I spurred anyone on to pass this information on then I feel that I have done my part, again, in trying to get the word out & stop the millers.

Sherry

1 comment:

Ms. Jan said...

Hi Sherry,
I'm just going over your back posts and wanted to comment. A good friend got a rescue Bichon from a puppy mill and she is the sweetest thing. This is an outrage and really should be stopped. Thanks for getting on the soapbox--people won't know otherwise.
msjan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...