UFO Listing

Thursday, August 16, 2007

PIPS. . . . oh boy do I have them!!!!

PIPS --- projects in plastic sacks

I have alot of them. . . and thought you might enjoy seeing some of them.

This first picture is of a circular baby afghan that I am making for the daughter of one of my friends. . . she is expecting her first baby. It is made with a variegated baby "sparkle" yarn.














I am teaching myself to knit. . .and this is a project that I found on the internet for a simple shawl. . .I'm using worsted weight yarn so it is going to be pretty warm (if it ever gets finished). It is a very simple pattern but knitting just seems to take so long in order to actually "see" something (as compared to crochet) that I have no idea when this project will be completed.

















This is an afghan pattern that I found on the internet. . .it is called Jacob's Ladder. This is one of the projects that I use in order to use up the extra yarn that I have in the house from other projects (or that I bought just because I liked it.













And here is a ripple afghan, again, this is being made to use up extra yarn.

















This picture is a table runner that I made from a kit.. I purchased it while my husband and I were on vacation in Virginia. The written directions were very confusing to follow (at least for me) so I just kept looking at the pictures, had an "ah ha" moment & was able to complete the top in record time while at a quilter's camp.
















This picture is of a quilt sampler that I made for my first teaching sample ---- at least 15-20 years ago!! It is still a UFO but I have completed more that 1/2 of the quilting & I am determined to have it finished by the end of this year.















The quilt guild I belong to makes charity quilts. . . and here is one that I made from the blocks & fabric that someone in the quild donated. It is flannel but I am using a regular cotton fabric for the backing & binding. It will be a good size for a baby.




I hope you enjoyed my little show. . . and I hope that I will have some completed projects to show you in the near future. But you will be seeing alot of UFO's along the way as well.

Have a blessed day,

Sherry

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for sharing your UFOs. They make me feel more comfortable at having so many myself! Good luck with your 4 seasons swap. My partner wants something which is not what I would go for either but it stretches my horizon and teaches me something at the same time. Have fun and take care.

Felicia said...

That circular baby afghan in lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...