UFO Listing

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WIP Wednesday. . . .NOT!!!

Boooo Hoooo! I tried to connect to DSL service (yes, I am probably one of the last hold outs on dial up service). . . .well, everything went fine after the Verizon tech helped me figure out how to open up my ethernet port. WOW, DSL is fast!!

I downloaded in 15 minutes more podcasts onto my iPod than I have in the past 2 months!! I was impressed & went to bed a happy camper.

Then came "the morning after". . . .my computer is down, dead, kaput, or insert any other word you want. I can't run ANYTHING.

Now, $42 and a call to India to speak with the Dell tech. . . I still have no computer and no explanation as to why this happened, nor do I have any easy fix to correct the problem.

Luckily, I have a computer guru in the form of the son of a friend who is going to be my Knight in Shining Armor. . . .just as soon as the new computer gets delivered! (Which should be no later than Monday, 12/10/07).

Until then I will be unable to post pictures or anything else (I've done this on my work computer).


On a WIP front I have worked on an afghan that I am making for my husband to give to his secretary for Christmas --- yes, I just started it. The pattern is very easy & I'm using a larger crochet hook (size H) so I have great hope that it will be completed in time.

Until my computer comes back to life I hope all of you have wonderful days.

In peace & pieces,

Sherry

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are not the last hold out on dial up LOL. And we aren't even lucky enough to have Verizon or Comcast where we live. But I think DSL or cable modem is in the near future...... kids are getting iPODS for Christmas

Hugs,

NancyPA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...