UFO Listing

Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year, New Computer, New Determination!!

Good Morning!!!

First, I would like to wish everyone a belated Happy New Year! It is wonderful to be able to be back on the computer after the meltdown in December. My computer "guru" isn't quite sure why the old computer went "belly up" after installing the DSL, but it appears that the software was telling the computer one thing & the computer was not happy with what was being said, so it just shut down.

But now I have a brand new computer, with twice the memory of what I had before. . .so things are moving very, very quickly ---- and I love that downloads are done in minutes rather than hours (why didn't I switch to DSL a long time ago!!??)

As to my new determination. . . . well, I have not purchased fabric since November 1, 2007 (nor have I purchased any yarn). . . and my book & magazine purchases are way down.

So far this year I have almost completed a belated Christmas gift for my husband's secretary:



She has gone through quite a bit over the last year or so and we thought that a "comfort" gift would be appropriate. It would have been done on time but I got the flu & bronchitis the week before Christmas & everything just stopped.

We are also on a home renovation project --- nothing big, but the house needs to be painted & decluttered and the basement has not been worked on in over 2 years so it is very hard to find things & my sewing area is a disaster.

First project was to paint. . . .and hubby likes wallpaper so we put up this border in the bathroom:



Pretty appropo, wouldn't you say?? When it first went up I wasn't sure I was going to like it (my family has never been big on wallpaper). . . and it took about a week for it to "grow" on me, but I like it. Does anyone have any tips on pictures & stuff for the walls ---- I know I should probably stay within the color scheme of the wallpaper. We are planning on putting an oak shelf above the toilet (in line with the top of the medicine cabinet) to hold my husband's collection of shaving mugs. . . but that will leave the other side of the cabinet looking rather bare. . .I'm thinking a picture, or perhaps a floral piece of some kind might work.

Well, I have to get ready for breakfast & church so I'll leave you all to your own devices for now.

In peace & pieces,

Sherry

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...