UFO Listing

Sunday, September 7, 2008

How Not to Spend a Rainy Saturday!

Yesterday was supposed to be a sewing day for me so that I could catch up on the swaps that I have coming due.

It also was the day that Hanna came to town.

But I get ahead of myself.

The hubby & I started out the day by getting haircuts. That went relatively well (I still ended up with "doggy ears" (meaning long pieces of hair on the sides of my face, in front of my ears, that drive me crazy). . . but a pair of scissors & a steady hand took care of that! BTW, I have curly hair, so it wasn't all that dangerous of a manuever for me. LOL

After hair we went to see my parents in case they needed help "battening down the hatches"; then on to the vet to drop off used syringes, then to the bank & book store, then home so I could sew.

This is all that I accomplished:



These are Bouncing Betty blocks from a pattern from Quilters Cache (http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BouncingBettyBlock.html).

It was such a frustrating day for me. . . .I had all the pieces cut, but I had miss cut several pieces, so that caused a delay because I had to cut more pieces. Then I had to do alot of frog stitching (rip it, rip it) due to sewing errors.

Hmmmmffff.

The swap calls for 10 blocks, I have 3 done, so I did get something accomplished, just not what I had expected ---- even with the power outages that we had courtesy of "Miss Hanna Hurricane".

Oh well, guess I'll just try to get more done today after I get home from church. . .perhaps my "jinx" is gone since today looks to be a beautiful one.



In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

Those are great blocks Sherry. I love old-fashioned blocks the best. You made me laugh with your "frog stitching". I haven't heard that one before!

Felicia said...

Hope you're able to work more on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...