Two friends (who are husband & wife) had been involved in the camps when their children were young & have kept in touch with the camp all these years. It was through them that Steve & I got involved.
If you are interested in learning more about the camp here is their website: www.nli.org.
At retreat this year a Mystery Quilt program was presented. . . here's a picture of the first (and only) quilt top (sans borders) that was completed:

I think you can click on the picture for a closer look. It was really pretty in person. . . I don't think my photography does much to show it off.
My mystery quilt top hasn't been completed yet. . . .I have too many swap obligations to work on it full time. . .but I am hopeful that it will be done before Thanksgiving.
One of the swaps that I am in is a Forum Quilt program where each of us that signed up were given a 12" square of fabric & were to make a 12" quilt block from it adding fabric from our own stash.
Here is the block that I made:

The pattern is Antique Tile from Quilters Cache (www.quilterscache.com) and was very easy to make. . . I'm thinking that it would be a good choice for a leader/ender project as long as the colors were kept straight during piecing.
The lavender fabric with the gold flowers is the fabric that we were given; I added the gold & the cream fabrics. I think it came out pretty well.
Other than that I have been working on my Twisted Mystery and my Stitcher's Angel projects. . . but I can't show those off yet (which is really driving me NUTS).
Until next time,
In peace and pieces,
No comments:
Post a Comment