UFO Listing

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I've Been Tagged.

Here's a fun tag from Kelly over at Charming Chatter (http://cottoncharmquilts.typepad.com/charmingchatter/2009/07/ive-been-tagged.html).

Thought it would be fun to pass on

Ten Things About Me

1. I never married until I was in my mid-40's. . . to a man that I dated for 4 months (our 4 month anniversary was the day before we married). We met at church (which I had only joined in January --- we were married in November of the same year).

2. I've volunteered for an animal rescue group for several years. . . while I have not been as involved lately as I had been I still try to help them out.

3. There are very few times when I do not have a book in my hands. . . . .I love to read & usually have my nose buried in a book. Luckily for my craft work I have found books on cassettes and CDs.

4. My favorite colors are yellow/gold, rose/mauve/pink, and oranges. I had always thought that green was my least favorite, but then I realized just how much green is in my stash so I guess I need to include that as a favorite as well.

5. I'm lousy with remembering names. . . .but I can remember faces really well. It's made for some interesting conversation starters, but I'm usually correct.

6. I love reading about Mary, Queen of Scots, Anne Boleyn, and Elizabeth I. One of my travel plans is to one day follow the route that Mary, Queen of Scots took through England and Wales to try to escape from Elizabeth.

7. I enjoy RV'ing. . . .which is something that I would never had done but my DH came with a travel trailer. . .and it is cheaper than hotels & eating out.

8. I had been considering joining the Navy or Marines when I was in my 20's. I had taken the placement test (I was the oldest in the room and one of only a handful of females taking the test). The Marine recruiting said that I had done better on the mechanical portion of the test than some of the boys (believe me. . . .you DO NOT want me anywhere near ANY engine, unless it is to check the oil. . . . can't believe they thought I could work on tanks!!).

9. My hair is naturally curly. . . .I don't have to pay for the curls. But, back in the late 70's I paid to get my hair straightened so I would look like all my friends (who were using irons on their hair instead of their clothes).

10. I love to sing. . . . and can pull up, according to my husband, over 1000 songs right off the top of my head. I don't know if I really know that many songs. . . . but if I hear the tune I usually know the words!!!

In peace and pieces,

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Wow! Very interesting....

Patricia
www.knottypineunderground.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...