UFO Listing

Monday, December 20, 2010

2011 UFO listing --- Judy's program

Ok, to say that I have more than 12 UFO's is almost expected. . . .isn't it? After all, I have been quilting for more than 20 years so I can say I have a LOT of UFO's.

Here are my 12 --- I'll upload pictures as soon as possible:

1. Bear's Paw Quilt

This is a quilt that I purchased as a kit. And the top is completely finished. I just need to get the backing together, get it quilted, bound, labelled and then it will be done.


2. 9/11 Remembrance wall hanging

This is a kit that I purchased at JoAnn's Fabrics. I've been working on this for a while but got a bit nervous about the embroidery of the words. But since I have done several embroidery pieces lately I think that I can get this one done.


3. Spa Mystery Quilt

This is the quilt that is in my banner. I have most of the borders done; several are even sewn to the body of the quilt. But this one is also so close to getting done that it is crazy that I haven't finished it yet.


4. Scrap nine-patch quilt

I made this quilt with another quilter and it has been basted for more than 12 years. Since it is marked for hand quilting it might be a longer term project, but getting it under way may just be the "push" I need to get it finished.


5. Flowers of the Month

This is actually 12 little mini quilts with embroidered flowers and fabric pots. The pieces could all be put together into one piece; but I like the idea of having 12 small quilts (one for each month) since I have a narrow wall where I could hang them. I've gotten the fabrics together but haven't actually gotten any of the blocks completed yet.


6. Square Dance quilt

I made this quilt top as a class sample many years ago (probably 17 years or more). I never cared for the border that I used originally, but I recently purchased two fabrics that I think will work much better. I have given some thought to how I would like to make the border, just need to buckle down & finalize my plan.


7. Sister's Choice quilt blocks

I was in an on-line swap several years ago and got 6 blocks. I had cut the fabrics to make 3 more blocks but never finished sewing them.


8. Christmas Single Wedding Ring

These blocks were done as a block of the month program for a guild that I no longer attend. . . I don't remember how many blocks there are but there should be plenty for a nice Christmas quilt. I'll have to measure the blocks. . . I think there was some deviation in the sizes so some adjustments may have to be made.


9. Old Maid's Puzzle blocks

These were also a block of the month that I won. I have the sashing/border/binding fabrics already picked out. . . just need to "get 'er done".


10. Economy Blocks

Yes, this also was a block of the month from an old guild. There aren't that many blocks so I'm thinking that I may use these for tablerunners or something. Have to ponder on what will become of them.


11. Pre-marked white-on-white

This is another project that has been basted for hand quilting for more than 15 years!! I bought this from the Stencil Company (Holice Turnbow) at a Quilters' Heritage Celebration show in Lancaster, PA.


12. Linda's quilt

This is a very over-due quilt that is almost done with the quilting. I need to concentrate of this so that I can get it done.


Hopefully this program will get me moving my butt & getting alot of stuff done in 2011.



In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm with you about the UFO's, but I'm too embarrassed to list them!

I am on vacation from work until January, so I plan to get some of them done. Here's hoping so anyway.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Dionne said...

What a great list! I just joined the challenge and I'm looking forward to following along with everyone's challenge.
Cheers,
Dionne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...