I finished a name tag for DH for our guild. It is a paperpieced birdhouse for the front. I used a pieced "cast off" for the back and cotton batting. It came out pretty well. It is the little piece in the following picture.
I also did the blocks for our Block of the Month drawing --- actually 2 blocks; but as they are the same color and pattern I only took a picture of one of the blocks:
The other thing that I worked on was a Weathervane block. Way back in 2007 I was in a swap and there were 6 of us that traded blocks. I liked the fabrics that I used so I cut sets of the blocks for myself. While working on cleaning & clearing out the basement I found the cut pieces so I started working on the other 3 blocks.
This block looks weird because I had pieced one of the sides. . . .but for some reason I have a problem in getting the sides to fit the center. . . I didn't finish the block because I have to go back & check my measurements.
While it doesn't look like I accomplished much I am very pleased with how much I got done.
I'm hoping to be able to get more stitching done in the next little while. If I do you will see it here.
In peace and pieces,
No comments:
Post a Comment