Ok, here goes:
I wasn't sure if I was going to post this here. . . . but I have found that if I get my feelings down "on paper" (so to speak) I can move on faster.
Yes, in the grand scheme of life this situation isn't any big deal. . . . .but it seems like a big deal to me right now.
There is a quilt show coming up. It is held in an area that is, at least, a 3 hour drive one way. There was only 1 class that DH & I wanted to take (especially since neither of us could get away from work to attend during the week).
Knowing all of that I sent in a paper registration --- making sure to get there well before the day that the registration process was to begin.
However, we didn't get the class. . . . even though the producers had our funds in their hands before the registration day.
Are you wondering why? Because of the internet. Because a computer situation did not allow for us to have access to the registration process.
To top it off. . . .when I spoke to the office I was told that DH & I would have been the first ones in the class had it not been for the computer situation.
That just seemed to add insult to injury. . . . and that is my opinion.
The class wasn't anything that either of us needed to take; our lives don't depend on taking any quilt class --- in fact, I have the book that has the pattern & have read enough tutorials from the teacher to know exactly how to make the quilt.
It is the principle of the situation that really gets to me. . . . . I don't always have computer access from home; so, in essence, I have become a "second class" citizen of the industry to which I have dedicated many hours and much money over the past 25 years.
So, instead of spending money at a campground near the show, plus spending money at the vendors in the show and supporting local businesses DH & I will probably go in a different direction. . . .and I'll be just as happy.
In the future I guess that I will have to read all the "fine print" and if internet registration will be taking precedence over mail-in registration I won't be going to the show. After all, there are any number of local guilds that have shows that I can enjoy as much as (if not more than) the major shows.
Yes, I'm grumpy. . . . .but you were warned.
In peace and pieces,