UFO Listing

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bowls with Borders --- my way

Today is my day to post my Bowls with Borders WIP. 

I have had a grouping of orange fabrics for quite a while and wasn't sure what I was going to use them for.  When this pattern came up (thank you, Regina) I thought it would work as a wall hanging on a really narrow wall that I have in my foyer.

But the wall is narrower than the block so I had to come up with another idea.

I think this will become a cover for my Featherweight sewing machine (either that or I will use the open space to store one part of my brooch collection so it gets out of the dresser draw!

Here are a few pictures:

This is a full view:


Here is a close up view of just the bowls:

If you want to bounce around to the others that will be posting today here is a listing:

                                                                       August 25th
Alice
Peggy S.
Suzanne K.
Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc.  (you're here!)
Marla's Crafts
Kathy's Quilts





Thank you, Madam Samm, for bringing me together with some amazing quilters throughout the world.

Here's a link to the Sew We Quilt blog if you would like to see what else she has "corralled" for us.

Please be sure to check out all the entries --- there are some really talented quilters out there; much more creative than I.  Oh, and the variation in fabrics used is just mind blowing --- every one of the pieces are wonderful!

In peace and pieces,

43 comments:

Mary said...

What fun colors. Love your choice.

Brenda said...

Great job. Thanks for being part of the hop.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here:
I love the orange and yellow bowls. The fabric choices you made are perfect! This would make a great wall hanging. Thank you for sharing your creative project! Well done!

Sophie said...

Nice bowls!

Cecilia said...

Pretty colors! You did a great job. Thank you for sharing.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, love the 'peeps' fabric - so cute. I think it would be a great place to display your brooch(s).

Needled Mom said...

I've always been a fan of orange. Nice bowls.

Carol Swift said...

The orange bowls are so fun looking--I'd love to see what you end up doing with them. Thanks for hopping with us!

Rosa said...

Cute bowls and fabrics.Thanks you for sharing!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Orange is one of my favorite colors and this is wonderful! It will look great covering your Featherweight.

Kathy H said...

I love the colors you chose and if you are going to showcase some of your brooches over it, I think that would be so pretty. A really good idea.

Brenda said...

Great idea to use the littlw all hanging to store pins on. I have a lot of quilter's pins and this would be a great way to display them! thanks for the idea!

Heleen Groot said...

It's a little bit of autumn in a quilt! It looks wonderful (whatever you are going to use it for!).

Judy B said...

Love orange and yellow together! Using the open space for your brooch collection is a great idea. My Featherweight is too busy to get covered :)

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

Love the oranges, especially the border fabric. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

I love the colours, great choice. Featherweight cover or holder of pins...good luck. Great bowls.
Thank you.
Cathy R

MoeWest said...

I like your orange bowls, it's a great colour. I may steal your good idea of using a mini quilt to get broaches out of the drawer.

Anonymous said...

Better late than never... you are bringing us fall...Nice start, I would prefer the brooches idea.
If you would like to see your finished work in my guest gallery please contact me at info@reginagrewe.de.
Regina from Germany

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty bowls and for participating in the hop.

Pauline said...

I love your choise of orange! Am a fan myself. Nice looking Piling Up! you made!

Carrie P. said...

fun orange bowls. great idea to make a cover.

Thearica said...

I have just started using orange fabrics... still haven't made up my mind if I am going to continue but for now I am. Your bowls are very pretty.

Marcia W. said...

The orange fabrics are wonderful for the bowls. I like your idea about using the white space for your collection of brooches. Thanks for posting your cute project.

Aliceart said...

Great idea to use it for pins! Love those oranges, too.

Gill said...

I love the oranges!
Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Love the bright colors! Displaying your brooches is a really good idea. Think how much you will enjoy seeing them instead of hiding them away!

Jeanneke said...

Love the orange you used and your bowls are so nice!

Martina said...

Lovely in orange!

Diann said...

I like the idea of using it to display your brooch collection. Our pretty things should be out where we can see them.

evelyn said...

It would make a great place to store your brooches. I like the single colour bowls.

Heather said...

great use of orange. Well, orange used anywhere is great.

Ariane said...

Your bowls look great!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Britt-Inger said...

I love your stack of bowls. A very good choice of fabric against the background.
Thanks for sharing

Robin said...

Ah, orange! I love it. I have several of those same fabrics myself!

Michele said...

I so agree. Using it for a display piece for your collection will be perfect.

Nini said...

Nice bowls! Great job!
Greetings from Germany
Nicole

pinsandneedles said...

I love the color choice for your stack of bowls...who doesn't love orange...just so cheerful!

Linda said...

I love orange and your bowls are no exception! Beautiful!

Julie S said...

I always like orange in quilts, and your bowls are lovely in orange!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

Love your orange fabrics. From one of Madam Samm's blog hops last year, I've fallen in love with orange. You've got a great start on your bowls. Thanks for sharing your project with us.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I so love orange.

Rebecca said...

Pretty fall colors! Makes me want to find some pumpkin pi.

Quilt n Queen said...

Sherry...great job with your bowls, the color this year is orange and you nailed it. A cover for your featherweight sounds like a plan. I should think about making a cover for my sewing machine. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing, Pauline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...