The bronchitis from last week (that cost me a week of work) has turned into pneumonia (and is costing me more time from work). . . so this is a little late in getting posted.
I got this great box from KatieQ. Here is what was in it when I opened it:
Here's another view (I was trying to get everything in one pic):
This is what will be staying with me:
And here is what I have added to the mix:
That isn't the best picture but I couldn't get a good picture.
So, here are the Rules and Guidelines (taken from Cherise at Sewingly Along who monitors all the boxes):
RULES:
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in
a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your
info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow
these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with
comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines
below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
GUIDELINES:The definition of a stash is a
secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality
products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or
books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps
should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged
accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not
be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They
should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools,
notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should
not feel guilty in tossing it out.
- Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a
dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
- Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
- You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items.
Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :) There is a guide to Pre-Cut
amounts below for your reference.
GUIDELINES TO PRE-CUT AMOUNTS:
- Jelly Roll strips are 2-1/2 inches so every 10 strips is 2/3 yard
(plus an inch). 30 strips is 2 yards plus 3 inches. 40 strips is 2-3/4 yards. 50
strips is 3-1/2 yards.
- Honey Buns are 1-1/2 inches so 10 strips is just slightly under 1/3
yard. 40 strips are 1-2/3 yards.
- Desert Rolls are 10 (5 x 45) strips or just slightly over 1-1/3 yard.
- Turnovers are 80 (6 inch) triangles and is equal to slightly over 1
yard.
- Charms are 5 inch squares. 40 charms is equal to 2/3 of a yard.
- Layer Cakes are 10 inch squares. 40 layer cake squares are equal to
2-3/4 yards.
HOW TO SAVE MONEY & TIME WHEN MAILING A STASH
BOX:
- Did you know that you can purchase postage online from the United States Postal Service
(USPS)?
In order to allow my body some time to recover from this pneumonia I will hold the drawing for a winner on Wednesday, March 20th --- which gives you 6 days to enter.
Good luck everyone. . . this was a great box and I look forward to passing it on to the next in line.
In peace and pieces,

5 comments:
I'd love a visit from the TS! I blog at www.TheStylishHome.com
Oh pick me!
Toss my name into the hat please!
I would love to be able to thumb through this awesome stash! and be able to share some fabrics I have!
What a fun game, I would love to be a part of it!!!!
Post a Comment