UFO Listing

Sunday, May 19, 2013

I'm attending Camp Loopy!!


Ok, it is all Judy's fault. . . . . every year she talks about Camp Loopy and how much fun she has (and how far behind she gets before the deadlines. . . and she shows the wonderful yarn and projects that she starts.  Well, suffice it to say that she just goes on and on and on and on!!!  LOL

Well this year I decided to check out what all the talk is about & I am going to Camp Loopy.

My camp yarn is this:
Photo: main product photo

It is Cash-Woole in Teal.  I have no idea why I picked that color. . . . but I thought it was a neat color.

Starting June 1st we have a month to either knit or crochet a project that uses at least 375 yards of one skein of yarn.  The yarn had to be something that we haven't worked with before.

There is quite a bit more than 375 yards on the skein that I picked (I was afraid that I would not have enough since my knitting is not the best for staying on gauge).  And, since I mostly work with Red Heart Super Saver worsted weight yarn it wasn't hard to find a yarn that I had never worked with before.

Now the question comes in. . . .what project should I work on???

The yarn I picked is a laceweight so the baby afghan pattern that I picked up recently won't work.  There are a couple of patterns on Ravelry.com that I like:

Simple Lines

I've started working a sample of this pattern in some left over worsted weight yarn to see if I could understand the pattern. . . it seems to be working nicely with the heavier yarn so I may stay with this pattern for Camp.

Easy Peasy Scarf/Shawlette

This one looks interesting also. . . .but I'm not sure if I'm really ready for a lace pattern -- even if the pattern says that it is good for beginners.

Maybe I'll do the first one for Camp and then, with the remaining yarn in the skein I can try the 2nd one without having a time constraint.

I can't wait until my yarn arrives. . . . . and then I'll just have to wait for June 1st in order to start working on my project.


In peace and pieces,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...