UFO Listing

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Books read in 2014

I don't know what happened with 2013. . . . but my book reading list for last year just seems to have gone by the wayside.  I think I did read several books. . . . but I don't think I was anywhere near the 24 - 30 books that I have been averaging the last couple of years.

2014 has started off well, I have two finishes under my belt:

 This is the first in the "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlaine Harris.  The HBO series, "True Blood" is based on these.

I enjoyed this book. . . . .but it was weird for me because I was reading the book & hearing the voices of the actors in my head!  And instead of having my own thoughts about the characters in my mind's eye I was seeing the TV show play.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series (AND catching up with the series through Netflix).

My second book is also by Charlaine Harris:

 This book has a copyright date of 1981 so it is a very early book in her career.  I know this next comment will sound contradictory, but here goes, the book is not a slow read (I have been averaging 24 - 30 pages during my lunch hour) but the story is very slow moving . . . . . it seems like the characters are just plodding along. . . . but that could have been the plan.

I enjoyed reading it. . . .and could not figure out the ending (which is a good thing).  I'm not sure if there is a sequel to this one. . . but I will have to see if there is.

I will definitely read more books by Charlaine Harris.  I'm glad that I searched out her books through my inter-library loan program.

In peace and pieces,
 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hope 2014 is a much better year all around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...