UFO Listing

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Back from Indiana

Mr. Books and I were in Indiana last week for the International Coachmen Owner's Association Rally.

Neither of us had ever been that far west before. . . . and this time we were able to caravan with the members of our Chapter so it was doubly fun.

Oh.my.goodness.  We need to go back!  I did not realize how much there was to do there!!  Even with getting advice from my on-line groups, and researching the area on-line, etc.

First up. . . . here are pictures of 2 of the Quilt Gardens that we were able to find:

This first one is Bow Tie blocks in a frame:


This one is harder to figure out. . . .but it is a heart framed by Rail Fence blocks:

There were a total of 20 quilt gardens throughout 3 counties. . . . . we were only able to find 4 in the limited time that we had outside of Rally activities.  Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me when we found the other 2 so I don't have pictures.

I'm not sure if you will be able to enlarge this next picture enough to read it. . . but this has some information about the quilt gardens, it also gives you a better idea of what the 2nd garden looked like:


The Shipshewana Quilt Festival started towards the end of the week and we were lucky enough to be able to visit it.  WOW!  It was so great to see work from other quilters than the ones I have been exposed to here on the East Coast.  An added bonus was that there were Operation Home Front quilts displayed on some of the Hudson cars (in the Hudson museum).

We had a wonderful time. . . . but now I am trying to recuperate.

Why is it that you always seem to need a vacation from your vacation????!!!


In peace and pieces,
 


This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any other site it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...