While we were in New Hampshire we went on a covered bridge tour. I find covered bridges to be so interesting in the variations of construction used.
Here are some pics of what we saw: the front of one of the bridges,
the inside of the same bridge:
The outside of another bridge:
and its interior:
Another bridge, outside:
Here's a view showing the length:
and its interior:
the curved bracing was so interesting to see.
When Mr. Books and I were traveling around on our own we came upon another covered bridge, here is the front:
the interior:
and the water that was rushing under it:
We had a fun time on the tour (and I even found a quilt shop that I was able to run to while we were taking a bit of a rest stop!)
At the end of the tour we visited a yogurt shop where we both got some of the best tasting frozen yogurt we have had.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
Here are some pics of what we saw: the front of one of the bridges,
the inside of the same bridge:
The outside of another bridge:
and its interior:
Another bridge, outside:
Here's a view showing the length:
and its interior:
the curved bracing was so interesting to see.
When Mr. Books and I were traveling around on our own we came upon another covered bridge, here is the front:
the interior:
and the water that was rushing under it:
We had a fun time on the tour (and I even found a quilt shop that I was able to run to while we were taking a bit of a rest stop!)
At the end of the tour we visited a yogurt shop where we both got some of the best tasting frozen yogurt we have had.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
No comments:
Post a Comment