UFO Listing

Sunday, August 21, 2016

My shadow is gone. . . . . .

I have been avoiding the computer for the last little while because my life has been a little topsy turvy due to illnesses with friends and family.

Two weeks ago I lost my shadow.  Our princess, Casey when over the Rainbow Bridge at the beginning of the month after battling several illnesses.

It was so hard to say goodbye to her as she has been my constant shadow since we adopted her on 1/4/09.

When we adopted her she was scared of so many things, men (except for Mr. Books), little boys, kids on bikes, had separation anxiety and would run and hide at the slightest loud noise.


But with our frequent camping trips she blossomed into a much more confident little girl.  While she never fully got over her fear of men, she did get to a place where she could approach them and would let them pet her (as long as they waited for her to be comfortable).

It is hard to go into my sewing room because she would always follow me and curl up in her bed to make sure that she knew where I was at all times.  And it will be hard to have pizza in the house because she would always sing for pieces of the pizza crust.

She was such a sweet little pup and while my heart is broken and my tears come very easily I do believe that she had the best 7 years, 7 months that we could have given her.

Good night, Pumpkin Girl.



In peace and pieces,

Sherry

 This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Sherry, I am so sorry for your loss. Casey looks like she was a lovely girl. I lost my dog Max, one month ago. He was a wonderful boy and I miss him a great deal. I hope time will heal both our broken hearts.

Susan said...

So sorry for you and your family. Casey looks so sweet!

Linda in Arkansas said...

Oh Sherry - how heartbreaking. Casey sounds like a little jewel and she looks as cute as a button. I'm sorry that you no longer have her. Prayers being said for you to heal. It's nice to read about her becoming a happier dog and her enjoying living in your home with you. <<>>

LA Paylor said...

oh no
you lost Casey about the same time we lost Cole. I am bereft still. Your words resonate with me. We did a post on wanting a Westie but people are trying to talk us out of one, and we do want another poodle when we find the right one. Still...
the home is so lonely isn't it?

LeeAnna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...