UFO Listing

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Just a note on commenting. . . . . . .

As I am sure everyone is aware by now. . . . . Blogger is not sending comments to my email address. . . the only way that I see that there are comments (at this time) is if I actually go into my "moderate comments" screen.


Which is a pain and extra work.


For the record. . . . I do not maintain a master list of all the people that leave comments.  I do not have the ability, or inclination, to save email addresses. . .there is too much stuff I have to keep track of in my life as it is.  I am not shopping around for some business or organization to sell any information to. . . .in fact, if you know of a good way to get rid of telemarketers permanently I would pay YOU for that information!!!


With that being said, if you leave a comment I like to be able to reply to acknowledge that you visited.  I you ask a question I would like to be able to answer it.


As the world stands now, every time that I make a post I will have to make a comment to myself and click the button so that any other replies will come through to me.


If you are making a comment you should probably think about doing the same thing so that you can see any responses.  See. . . . this is a PITA (pain in the a--).


Now, just to be sure that I cover all bases. . . . if you leave your email addy in the comment I will definitely be able to reply to your comment.


Sorry to be on a rant. . . . . . . but all this "protection" is just too much for my brain to handle.  Maybe it will be easier when I get to retirement age. . . . . which is quite a ways down the road right now.  LOL


In peace and pieces,


Sherry




This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Testing to see if follow-up comments will come through to me.

Mary Marcotte said...

Sherry, I gave up the fight. Blogger and cyberworld live by too many rules. This is what I'm doing: using my blog dashboard to check on comments, responding to the person(s) on their blog. Skipping email all together. It helps the other blogger and saves me time.
And no retirement doesn't make it easier. The world finds out that you're retired and immediately throws time-consuming chores, questions, problems, favors, etc. at you with a force that you cannot comprehend. But you love retirement anyway. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...