Val is now taking sign-ups for the next Piggy Bank Savings Challenge. I have taken part over the last couple of years and it is amazing how much can be saved by just throwing loose change in a container.
Here is my "piggy bank" of choice:
It is a plastic Coke bank that I have had for years. At some point I would love to see how much I could save if I filled the entire thing. . . .but I don't see that happening any time soon. LOL
Growing up my parents had one of our old riding toys, a Huckleberry Hound, that they had cut into to create a bank. . . . .
They saved up their coin in that thing for years. . . . .and finally a couple of years ago they dumped in out and rolled up what was collected. . . . it was mostly pennies, but, if I remember correctly, I think there was over $1,000 in it!
Now I know that I may not get anywhere near that amount in the next year, but it will be fun to see how much I can accumulate.
In the past I have used my funds to buy quilt-y stuff or used it for vacations. This year I am thinking that I may want to see if I can save enough to get a video camera. I am thinking it might be fun to start a YouTube channel. At least that is what I am thinking now. . . .who knows what I might be thinking about next year at this time?
Are you going to join us?
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
Here is my "piggy bank" of choice:
It is a plastic Coke bank that I have had for years. At some point I would love to see how much I could save if I filled the entire thing. . . .but I don't see that happening any time soon. LOL
Growing up my parents had one of our old riding toys, a Huckleberry Hound, that they had cut into to create a bank. . . . .
They saved up their coin in that thing for years. . . . .and finally a couple of years ago they dumped in out and rolled up what was collected. . . . it was mostly pennies, but, if I remember correctly, I think there was over $1,000 in it!
Now I know that I may not get anywhere near that amount in the next year, but it will be fun to see how much I can accumulate.
In the past I have used my funds to buy quilt-y stuff or used it for vacations. This year I am thinking that I may want to see if I can save enough to get a video camera. I am thinking it might be fun to start a YouTube channel. At least that is what I am thinking now. . . .who knows what I might be thinking about next year at this time?
Are you going to join us?
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
1 comment:
I'm in too. Huckleberry Hound was my fav riding toy as a kid.
Post a Comment