
Val, over at Val's Quilting Studio has run a Piggy Bank Savings challenge for several years.
This year, I beat the total saved by Mr. Books. . . . . I had $125 to his $85. But, I would have had even more if I had not cashed in my savings early that the Challenge date.
Usually the Challenge date is after our "big" vacation so I have "mad money" to spend on myself.
But this year we had a "big" vacation to Lake George, NY so we decided to pool our funds to have extra spending money while we were away.
Now, we did get to a couple of quilt shops in the Lake George area. . . . and we both spent money at each shop so don't go thinking that my hard saved coinage went to things like dinner and such.
The two shops that we visited were Patti's Sewing Machines and More in Glen Falls, NY and Country Girl Crafts and Quilts in Chestertown, NY. Both shops were very cute and packed with lots of samples, kits and fabrics.
The owners of both shops were extremely friendly, as were the other customers in the shops. . . . we felt right at home and as if we were long time customers instead of just vacationing visitors. I find that quality so great. . . . .unfortunately there are a shop or two in my home state could learn a thing or two about customer service for new customers from these two shops.
So, now that I have spent the funds that I collected since last year it is time to start the next collection of coin. . . . and to see if I can top the amount that I have saved this year!
If you want to see what other people did with the funds they were able to save check out this linky post.
In peace and pieces,
Sherry
This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.
5 comments:
Hi Sherry Contratulations on your savings and hope you found some lovely things to buy. I know what you mean about some quilt shops and their owners, we have one shop near us and the staff are lovely and another shop where the owner is quite frosty. Not what you expect from quilt shops really.
Love the book background on your blog.
Hugs, Susie x
I too love visiting new shops, especially when the owners are so kind. You guys did great on your savings (about the same as my hubby and me) Soooo glad your savings didn't just go to meals and things.....thanks for joining the challenge. :) :)
A little advance spending doesn't hurt -- after all, you had been saving it for months. Shops can definitely have different vibes, some positive and some negative.
Yay, congratulations on a great amount!
Advance spending never hurts anything! Congrats on all you saved.
Post a Comment