UFO Listing

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Welcome to My House blog hop



Carol, who blogs HERE is hosting another great blog hop. . . this one is all about houses:







I am so happy that I was able to participate in this hop. . . .but, I will admit, I had hoped to be further along with my project than I got.


However, we all know that life has a way of getting in the way of fun times. . . but I am further ahead that what I was a week ago, so that is a plus.


I am making a birdhouse quilt; here is the one block that I have finished (except for the entry hole):




I used the same piece of batik for each of the nine houses, but because of the coloration in the batik no two houses will be the same.


It took me forever to try to decide on the roof and base color. . . and even now I am not all that happy with it. It works to let the batik shine, and I did not want to use black since I will be using that for the hole.


The pattern I am using is "Tweety, I'm Home":










I believe it was a free pattern but I cannot find a link for it. . . . so I am thinking that it is one of my "ancient" print outs that I have unearthed in my quest to downsize the books, magazines and patterns that are all over my basement. (I found some magazines from 1999 . . .  that's 19 years ago. . . . and I am sure that there are older things also.)


There is some fabric waste with the way that they have you construct the blocks, but I will be using those trimmings in my crumb blocks so that works.


Putting the blocks together is very straight forward so I am sure that the quilt top will be completed pretty quickly. . . or I may take it with me to retreat in October.


I know that my next decisions will be in trying to find fabrics for the inner and outer borders.


Working from my stash makes it a little difficult because of the sizes that I need, but hopefully I will be putting a dent in the stash at some point!


Here is the full line up for the blog hop. . . please go check out what everyone else is doing:









September 10












September 11












September 13











September 14





















In peace and pieces,


Sherry






This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

15 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

It will be a cute quilt when it is all finished, and you're on your way with that little birdhouse block! I have some older patterns too that I still hang on to!

Carol Swift said...

This will be a really cute quilt once you finish it. I love birdhouses! I have a few of those older patterns buried amongst my stash and it's kind of fun to find those treasures. Thank you so much for hopping with us and sharing your birdhouse!

Calicojoan said...

Oh, we have all been in your shoes. Glad you shared your birdhouse quilt. It will be "sew" cute when it's done. I too have patterns that I unearth from time to time! LOL!! Some day I need to go thru them all and get rid of those I know I will never stitch! hahahaha

Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

I’ll be back to see it when it’s done. Thanks for sharing it at this stage n

Carol Andrews said...

What a great pattern. I love bird houses and have 20 or more in our yard. Hmm I guess that's something else I need to decide if I'm taking them down to move with us. I even have one in my livingroom because one of my granddaughters glittered and painted it up! I will be following you to see how this batik beauty finishes. Thanks for being part of the hop

Anonymous said...

I love that you made bird houses.

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Hi Sherry! Hang in there girl! We have all been there and it looks like a pattern worth finishing...super cute. I hope you will post it again when it is done!

Charlene McCain said...

What a cute quilt block. Clever idea to use batik for each house. Can't wait to see it finished.

Carla said...

Your birdhouse quilt will be super cute!

Deonn said...

Cute birdhouse. I have collected several wood grain prints, even in green and purple that I plan to use in a little birdhouse quilt some day. This will be a fun quilt!

tink's mom said...

Such a Tweet quilt this will be. I really like birdhouses. Looking forward to the finished piece.

Benita Skinner said...

I look forward to seeing your further progress on this quilt Sherry - how fun!

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

This will be a really fun quilt when it is done. Birdhouse quilts are delightful.

Michelle said...

Birdhouses are always cute. Yours is a fun quilt.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh, it's going to be a super cute quilt when it is finished! I love birdhouses! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...