UFO Listing

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here's something that I CAN show you. . . .

My husband & I spent our 3rd anniversary visiting my sister & her family in Strawberry Plains, Tennessee. We stayed at a time share in Gatlinburg. . . mileage wise not very far, but with driving time at least 1/2 hour (but usually more) away.

It was great to spend some time with my niece & 2 nephews. . . .since they moved I haven't had alot of contact with them. . . .not like my other sister's boy whom I get to see on a pretty regular basis.

We took the kids to an attraction called, if I remember correctly, Outback Adventure, and there were alot of exhibits of animals from Australia (unfortunately the kangaroos were sleeping out of the sun so we did not get to see them), Asia, Malaysia, etc.

Here are some pics:







One of the days we were in Tennessee we drove to Asheville, North Carolina to visit Biltmore House.

What a case of sticker shock!! They charge $55 per person to see just a portion of the rooms in this house.

A couple of years ago we went to Newport, Rhode Island & purchased tickets to see 5 different mansions and I don't think those tickets were much more than that. . . and we got to see the ENTIRE house, not just certain floors.

My DH had always wanted to see Biltmore, and we had spent 3 hours driving there, so we went. I can't say that I was disappointed, but I think the mansions in Newport were done up in a much grander style and the tour guides there were a bit more cordial to those that were going through on their own with audio tours.

When we came back home I got sick --- could you blame me? In Tennessee the temps were between 72 - 78 degrees, when we got back to New Jersey we had 40 degree weather -- that's a bit of a shock to the system!

Between battling a sinus infection & bronchitis (why just get one illness when you can get 2?) I have been a bit behind schedule in getting my projects completed. . . but my Twisted Mystery #4 project has been mailed & received by Lynn. . . so I should be able to post pictures here shortly of that project.

The other project that I am working on is for the Doll Quilt Swap #5 (http://dollquiltswap.wordpress.com/). . . .here is the top that I am now quilting:



My partner said that they like bright quilts. . . so I hope that they are happy with this. . .it is not something that is usually my style, but it is growing on me, and DH likes it, so I would say that it is working out well.

I had wanted to have this already in the mail & out the door, but being laid up for about 4 days put that plan right out the window. The quilts need to be at their final destinations by December 1st. . .I'm thinking that sending it priority mail on Friday should give it plenty of time to get to where it is going.

Well, enough babbling, I have to get ready for work & get the DH up so . . . .

Until next time,






In peace and pieces,

1 comment:

Joan J said...

That's a beautiful little quilt, Sherry! I love brights and brights on black, so this quilt really appeals to me. I'm sure your swap partner will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...