UFO Listing

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Okay, I'm getting serious!

At least about busting my stash, that is.

I've decided to try to get myself under control when it comes to fabric, quilt books, quilt kits, quilt magazines, quilt supplies (over buying), etc.

You have to realize that this "revelation" comes after I purchased almost 18 yards of fabric last night! One was a print of scenes from "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (and I love Cornelius!) and the other was a fabric that looks like flames. . .and I'm thinking that I would like to use that for my Black & White & 1 other color challenge (which can be found here: http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/2008/11/black-and-white-quilt-challenge-project.html).

And I have 30 fat quarters of black & white fabrics on order from Jane (http://janesfabrics.blogspot.com/). But since I do not have a large collection of black & white fabrics I'm not too concerned about that purchase.

Judy Laquidara has been an inspiration to me & I figure that it is time I got serious about getting something done around here. Of course, I have gotten alot of stuff done if you look at my side bar for projects completed & books read, but that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what I want to get done.

My stash busting goal for 2009 is as follows:

Number 1:

Complete my sister's wedding quilt. I would like to have the top at least done by her 8th anniversary in May.

Here's what 1 block looks like:


I think, if I remember correctly, I need over 80 of these.

Number 2:

Get my sewing area in the basement organized, set up & cleared out.

This will be a monumental task, but I'm thinking if I work on it a little at a time by the end of 2009 it should be exactly the way I want it to be.

Here are some pics (which I've posted before) to show you what a mess I have. . . it was alot more organized 3 years ago (before I got married) but once the DH came in with his stuff things just got tossed together & the basement resembles more of a "war zone" than anything else. But it won't look this way by this time next year if I have my way (which I usually do)! LOL




Number 3:

Work on UFO's and/or kits before starting anything brand new.

This will allow me to work on projects that I already liked and would like to get back to --- not to mention that they are further along toward completion than anything else I could dream up! LOL

I may try to work these in as a "leader & ender" project ala Bonnie Hunter (www.quiltville.com). . .but since I am sewing my sister's quilt by hand (I can't do curves on my sewing machine to my satisfaction) this may be a little difficult.


I think that working toward these three goals will be enough for me to start with. Of course I will also have to work in my crochet, knitting, cross stitch & reading in to my life as well, not to mention the DH, Bogart, my job, church, volunteer work, relaxation, etc.

If you'd like to join the crowd that is growing check out this entry on Judy's blog:
http://www.patchworktimes.com/stashbusting-in-2009/.

Until next time,

In peace and pieces,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...