UFO Listing

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stash Report -- Week 10

This week I purchased 4 1/2 yards of fabric. Yes, I know, "bad Sherry". . . but part of the reason was that the contractors were working in the basement & I couldn't go through the boxes that were down there, and part of the reason was that I re-read the directions for the block swap I'm in & realized that the fabrics that I had pulled from the stash wouldn't work (the swap called for monochromatic or at the most tone-on-tones. . and that is not what I had).

The other yard of fabric that shows in the "IN" category is the kit that I purchased in the Strip & Slash class that I took at the Quilt Fest in Somerset, NJ yesterday. It was a fun class & the technique is pretty interesting. The piecing is easy and I can see this as being a quilt that will be completed soon.

And since the contractors were in the basement I couldn't go through more fabric to see if there was additional yardage to cull.

So, here are the numbers:

Fabric in this week: 5 1/2 yards

Fabric in year to date: 20 1/2 yards

Fabric used year to date: 0 yards

Fabric donated year to date: 142.75 yards

Fabric stash depleted year to date: 137.25 yards


The numbers will be changing by next week as I plan on getting the swap blocks done, and working on the quilt piece that I started in the Strip & Slash class that my DH & I took at the Quilt Fest of NJ in Somerset, NJ yesterday.

Fabric

In peace and pieces,

3 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

no need to fret over purchasing a bit of fabric that will be used for your swap at a later date. You tried to use from your stash first. I think that is what counts. Good job so far this year.

DaCraftyLady said...

wonderful report and great way to get your stash going.. also if you are interested in another crochet/knit swap I have another one going on now at
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1018208@N20/discuss/72157614621363942/

Lori in South Dakota said...

sometimes you just gotta have fabrics for a swap that aren't in your stash. Who wants to miss the fun of swapping??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...