UFO Listing

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

End of Year Thoughts

In bouncing around blogland it seems that everyone has been gearing up for 2012 projects, quilt-a-longs, BOM's, etc. And I have been extremely tempted to sign up for several. . . but I think I am going to "lay low" for a little while.

As I've mentioned previously, the home computer has been having issues since the beginning of November. . .and, I think, I have finally "kicked the habit".

Granted, I really do need to get the computer back up & running --- there are way too many things that need to be done on the computer not to. But I see just how much time gets sucked out of my life by mindlessly sitting there hour after hour, day after day -- most of the time playing games on Facebook.

I don't count blog reading as a waste of time. . . but I can see where it could become a "black hole" if I'm not careful.

So, you may be asking, what ARE my plans for 2012. . . .hmm, I haven't quite figured that out. But it does require more "hand's on" time than I have been doing for a while.

Guess the first goal would be to complete the quilts that I have started. While that may sound like a "no brainer" it is very important to me --- especially since there were many that I lost in the flood from earlier this year.

To that end I have a couple of huge tubs with kits and UFO's. . . think that might be the first place for me to start working.

I have also committed Mr. Books & myself to four quilts for "Wrapped in Hope" (a program run through Margaret's Hope Chest). . .and it would be nice to have those quilts done & ready before I need to send them out. The first one is due in May so I have some breathing room.

Other than that I don't really have any plans for 2012. . . making lists of the UFO's that I have just causes me to freeze; so I'll just "put one foot in front of the other" on a project or two at a time until things get done.

There, I've made a commitment. . . let's just hope that I can stick with it!! LOL

In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

Thimbelina said...

Hi Sherry, I've just popped in to tell you that my SSCS parcel has arrived.... WOW, what a big box of goodies! The ornament you made is lovely and I can't wait for Christmas to arrive now so I can tear into the other parcels... sooo spoilt! Thankyou so much! :)

Lynn W. said...

Twisted Mystery #? It should be on your & Mr. Books' lists. Calendar mid-June 2012 so you don't miss the sign up. We missed you two this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...