Mr. Books and I have started watching his daughter's stepson in the evenings. Mr. Books picks him up from aftercare, he has dinner with us and then either his mother or father comes to pick him up.
This new arrangement started on Monday. . . it is Thursday. . . . and I have a LOT to learn about having a Little Man in the house.
Firstly he is a bundle of energy. . . . . now, I am not a slouch by any means. . . . .but he tires me out just watching him!! LOL Secondly, since our home is not set up to be kid friendly (there really isn't anything for him to do) his boredom level goes really high really quickly. Thirdly, by the time Mr. Books gets him to the house, Little Man finishes his homework, and we eat there is precious little sunlight for him to go outside and play --- and again, there are no kids his age around to play with.
Luckily the dogs have gotten used to him coming over quickly so they are not barking and carrying on.
I'm hoping that as time goes on things will get easier. . . . . and with more and more sunshine later in the day we are hoping that we can take him to the park on the other end of town, or at least let him ride his bicycle around by the house so that he is not just watching TV.
Wish me luck. . . . . I'm a tad bit old and set in my ways to learn new tricks. . . . but I'm trying!
In peace and pieces,

This new arrangement started on Monday. . . it is Thursday. . . . and I have a LOT to learn about having a Little Man in the house.
Firstly he is a bundle of energy. . . . . now, I am not a slouch by any means. . . . .but he tires me out just watching him!! LOL Secondly, since our home is not set up to be kid friendly (there really isn't anything for him to do) his boredom level goes really high really quickly. Thirdly, by the time Mr. Books gets him to the house, Little Man finishes his homework, and we eat there is precious little sunlight for him to go outside and play --- and again, there are no kids his age around to play with.
Luckily the dogs have gotten used to him coming over quickly so they are not barking and carrying on.
I'm hoping that as time goes on things will get easier. . . . . and with more and more sunshine later in the day we are hoping that we can take him to the park on the other end of town, or at least let him ride his bicycle around by the house so that he is not just watching TV.
Wish me luck. . . . . I'm a tad bit old and set in my ways to learn new tricks. . . . but I'm trying!
In peace and pieces,
1 comment:
I am sure you'll have lots of fun together :-)
Post a Comment