UFO Listing

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Accomplishment achieved!! My first ALYoF is DONE!!


Last night I got the last of the borders on my Amish inspired Shoo Fly quilt top:



This is a sample for a one-day quilt retreat that I will be working in February.  This quilt is definitely NOT a one-day project (well, at least not for the length of the day of the retreat).

This is the project that I had listed as my ALYoF goal for this month. . . . and I am so pleased to have it finished to top stage.

The blocks are 12" finished and the entire top measures about 51" x 68".  The colored portions of the blocks came from my stash. . . .they are probably the only solids that I had in my stash. . . . and they are mostly gone now.  The bits that were left over have mostly been cut up into usable pieces and put into the correct bin.

FYI, Mr. Books is holding the quilt. . . . you can just barely see his blue shirt about the top of the top. I had to click the pic quick since he was having a hard time with his arm (rotator cuff surgery was done in October and he is still in the thick of physical therapy).

Now I have a bit less than a month to consider how I want to quilt this.

In peace and pieces,
 



This content was originally posted on the quilt blog Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. (www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com). If you are reading this on any site other than the original or quilterblogs.com it is WITHOUT my permission and the content has been stolen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...