UFO Listing

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who bought your stash???

I bet a lot of you think that YOU bought your stash. . . but are you sure?? Hmmmm.....

Why do I ask what, to some, might seem a silly question? Ok, here goes:

I have been sorting & refolding my fabric --- you've read all about it recently in my weekly Stash Reports. And, to be honest, I don't know where some of this fabric came from!! he he he

Now, I do have eclectic taste, so the fact that I have Mardi Gras inspired fabric mixed in with Civil War repros doesn't bother me. Truth be told I have electric colored fish alongside sweet paisley, but that doesn't bother me.

But I can't figure out why I would have purchased some of the fabric I am finding in my stash and this fabric is not always in small amounts (fat quarters, even half yards I could almost understand) --- like the white cat Christmas print that I have perhaps 4 yards of. Huh?? I've never owned a cat, and while my sister had cats I can't say that I would have purchased this fabric for a quilt for her.

And the really scary looking clown fabric? Ok, THAT I remember buying down in New Orleans way back (gee, was that 1989? Gotta find the shirt I bought to check.). . .but I have no idea why I thought that it should come home with me. It is really pretty scary looking so I wouldn't use it in a "kid quilt". So I have no idea why I still have it.

There is a blogger that I run across occasionally, sorry I don't remember her name, but she talks about having an "evil twin" and I'm beginning to think that I might have the same problem.

But you know what is the funniest thing that I am finding? I still remember where most of this fabric came from! (Ok, to be truthful, this is the OLDER stash. . .once I start working on the tote boxes in the PODS unit all bets are off!! he he he).

Does anyone else have this same problem? Or have I just become a fabric hoarder with no possibility of a cure?

In peace and pieces,

1 comment:

Mary said...

I remember where I bought everything. I also have never unintentionally bought the same fabric twice. Of course I still have lots of "what was I thinking?" fabrics though!
Good luck with your organizing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...