UFO Listing

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 5 Stash Report

I had hoped to get this posted last night. . .but my DH had to go back to work & I needed to stay on track with the "pre-Spring" cleaning routine that I am trying to set up.

But before I get to my numbers I want to share a picture. . . DH & I went to Lancaster, PA for his birthday weekend at the end of January. Things were a bit hectic because we wanted to get home on Sunday in time to attend church & the congregational meeting (but we didn't get there).

We did alot of antiquing and came home with a Grandmother's clock. Here she is:



It plays Westminster chimes, which I love, and it allowed us to help the economy along a little, he he he.

Ok, now to "own up" to my weakness:

Fabric Added This Week: 10 yards (on order, but I'll take the "hit")

Fabric Added Year to Date: 26 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 1/2 yard (total of 2 FQ's for Birthday Block swap blocks)

Fabric Used Year to Date: (25 1/2) yards

But, while my numbers don't look the way I want them I HAVE been working. . . each week I work on a different project. This week I am back to working on my sister's wedding quilt. Last week was my week to work on the Quilt Retreat Mystery that I started in October 2008. . .I'm half-way through Clue #4 and there are only 7 clues so that should be a flimsy soon, since I think most of the cutting & prep work is complete & the blocks should be coming together shortly.

And, lest you all think I am just "lolly-gagging" around, I have also read 1 book & listened to another . . so that is 2 books down in January; and I've started my 3rd book for the year!

I think I better start taking pictures of quilt stuff so that you will know that I AM working on stuff. . . it's just that showing cut fabric doesn't seem very inspiring. . . but seeing complete blocks or pieces is fun, don't you think.

Perhaps I'll have some pictures to show you later this week.

In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

Vicki H. said...

I love the clock. Lancaster Pa was very inspirational for me to see all those beautiful quilts. Look forward to seeing your pictures!

Unknown said...

I love the looks of your Grandmothers clock.. My dad is wood working one right now out of some awesome walnut wood.. I can't to wait to see his finished project. He said it will take about a year for him to make it... Its coming along and is starting to look like something.. He is going to put stained glass in the front panel.. it should be very pretty when completed...
M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...