UFO Listing

Monday, February 16, 2009

Stash Report -- Week 7

Well, I am in POSITIVE numbers for my stash busting efforts!!! YIPPEE!!!

Unfortunately, it is not the result of a major sewing spree (at least not this week!).

Last Monday the restoration company came to do a clean up of the basement floor. A good chunk of my quilting/craft/sewing, etc. supplies now reside in a PODS unit until we can get the basement fixed (pictures of the "after" cleanup are below):







Ok, so how does this relate to my Stash Report. . . simple. . .I have given away 68.5yards of fabric that I won't be using any time soon.

So, I had previously been 16 yards to the negative I am now 52.5 to the positive!

Fabric Added This Week 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date 16 yards

Fabric Used This Week 8 yards
Fabric Given Away This Week 68.5 yards

Fabric Stash Reduction Year to Date 52.5 yards

Would I have rather had something to show for that amount of fabric? You betch ya! But, I am hoping that it will be used --- and it would have just ended up in an "old lady estate sale" if I had kept it because that is really just a "drop in the bucket" when it comes to the stash that I have.

I'm also divesting myself of some craft items that I don't even remember purchasing --- BACK IN 1995 (the receipt was in the bag) --- and will never get around to using.

The fabric that I am keeping I am refolding so that it will fit in a smaller area. . and I will at last be able to sort my fabric by color family, which is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time.

I had wanted to re-do the basement & get it organized. . .I just didn't want to have to do it this way! But I will take advantage of the situation as much as I can by getting better organized and looking at everything that I have collected over the past 20 years that I have lived on my own.

The upside to all of this is that we will finally have the chance to get the basement set up the way we want it to be. My DH has found some stock cabinets that he would like to install to set up a pantry area & an entertainment area. . .in addition to re-doing my sewing area.

So, I have a good stash report and a more positive view of this entire problem so, things are looker brighter!


In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I'm sorry you had to get your renovation is a lousy manner, but great job with the giving-away what you don't need!

Joan J said...

You know you get a big ol' pat on the back from me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...