UFO Listing

Monday, August 31, 2009

Swaps are starting to be completed

Those of you that read my blog on a fairly regular basis may have noticed that I tend to be an "all or nothing" swapper. . . . either I am in a bunch of swaps, or I am in none.


Well, I am currently involved in 5 swaps and 2 block bees.


Here are pictures of the pieces I am working on for the DQS7 swap and for the "Good Ol' Summertime" swap from Quilting Blogger:


I can only show one part of the "Summertime" quilt because if my partner reads my blog she might not be surprised when the quilt arrives at her door.

I'm in the process of quilting this . . . . and I thought it would be interesting to quilt 1/4" away from the rays of the sun as they lay. I've finished that part and it really does look different.


Once the quilt is completed & received by my partner I will post a full picture and some quilting details for you.


I love this block. My original intention was to be very modern with having the tessellations in different colors so that the block piecing would be harder to see. . . . and I still may make a quilt like that one of these days. But when I started working with these fabrics it just didn't seem to be the "right thing" to do.

I have this quilted, just need to make the hanging triangles, label & do the binding & it can be sent on it's way.


I hope both of my swap partners like what I have come up with.


In peace and pieces,

2 comments:

limpingalong said...

Sherry, in reply to your question to Chooky (which she may have answered directly) yes, she means when composing a new post. I'd seen that little symbol but had no idea what it meant. If you go over to my blog -- http://jesswe2.blogspot.com -- you will see the process I went through to learn this. Paulette sent some info and between her comment and Chooky's, I managed to make it work!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I love my quilt, which is the sun one you have pictured. It's so great. Thanks again and again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...