This is a picture of the quilt that I received in a Delphi Swap. It was a Doll Quilt Swap. I love that the quilt was sent to me in a stocking!
Sorry that the picture is sideways. . . . I haven't been able to flip it the right way yet.
This is the quilt that I made & sent out to my swap partner in the same swap.
I found the quilt block design in the latest issue of 100 Blocks magazine. The pattern in the magazine was for a 12" block so I had to downsize the block to a 6" size. The dark fabrics are black and blue -- I don't know how well that translates in the picture. Lots of fun fabrics make it a little like an "I Spy" quilt.
The following blocks were made for a Flickr swap bee that I was involved in. We each were to made the same blocks for all of the participants but in their color combinations. The pattern that I used was called "Indian" and I got it from the latest Fons & Porter quilt pattern magazine.
It was fun working with alot of the color schemes because they forced me out of my usual style. . . and I've decided that gray makes a great background color!
I'm hoping to have more to show next week. . . . like a quilt that I have been working on. Here's a hint:
.
In peace and pieces,
1 comment:
Great photos!
Post a Comment